Boot camp has started for Zach and guess who got to call today??? My Private!!! I was SHOCKED when I saw the number from Fort Benning show up on my cell phone! I quickly answered and I was so happy to hear his voice. He started crying (don't ever tell him I told you guys he cried, but it takes a strong man to cry in front of other men), my first thought was that something was wrong so I asked him and he said nothing he said that he just missed me... so then I lost it. I had to step away from my desk and go to the back... We pulled it together and he said they officially started boot camp last night and that he should be able to call home again on Sunday. Everyone has been telling me that he wouldn't be able to call home for a few weeks after he started boot camp but I am so excited that he MAY be able to call. I am going to his parents house to hang out after church on Sunday in hopes that he gets to call, that way they can talk to him too...
He said that he mailed me his address so I will have it soon! WOOHOO!!!! I think that is part of why he was crying today. He is lonely and he can send letters and stuff but no one is writing him yet because we don't have his address... As soon as I get it I will start mailing him stuff!!!
Please keep us in your prayers as this is hard on all of us! We are such a close family!
Zach comes home for Christmas in 34 days!!!
(See new post below.)
Friday, November 14, 2008
Boot Camp has started...
Posted by Chickie at 3:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
see xmas is really not that far away literally just over a month which in the grand scheme of life is a blip really !
Post a Comment